Guilty secrets shared by every rower…
1. Pulling harder on bowside having been told to row light, just to make life more difficult for strokeside/make them look stupid.
2. Knowing that your oar is geared light but never telling a soul.
3. Farting from the bowseat following a particularly horrific night out.
4. Doing your ergo’s at “the work gym” (a place you don’t even know exists for sure)
5. Putting a soggy Lycra on the floor, picking it up again days later when it’s dry and wearing it… complete with salt/sweat stains.
6. Racing for a new club/club you’re visiting, borrowing a lycra from a stranger and never giving it back.
7. Insolently ignoring a cox’s instruction for YOU to make a technical improvement and then wryly smiling when they congratulate you on making a ‘good change’…
8. Knowingly bearing no weight when carrying a boat at shoulders.